Friday, September 11, 2015

Cycle


It was an afternoon of an autumn. My mind became melancholy. I went out from my house. I thought that if I could make myself merged and inseparable with the nature! I started walking. I didn't even notice when I came near the river side unknowingly. The time was dusk. The west sky was still then shining rosily. I understood that the sun had sunk a little before for its rest after its whole-day performance. It radiated golden rays all throughout the day uninterruptedly. Photosynthesis was in action in the plants. Disciplined life-cycles of the organic diversity of the nature were active. Pushing apart the intensified light the sun gave a polite, beautiful and charming induction to the prior of its departure. It gave an enjoyable rosy dusk. As it were its valedictory smile.



Cycle
The rosy colour of the sky turned the river water rosy and created a heavenly scenery. Enjoying the scenery I became quite absorbed. Gradually the rosy colour became faded. Dark was overwhelming the breast of the nature. Everything became tired and pale. The leaves of the plant "Gul Mohar" paired the sleeping bonds. As it were the nature was arranging its evening ceremony. The distant birds were returning to their nests. I remembered the lyrics of my own song.








Evening overwhelmed
The birds returned
But you didn't come
I alone
Counting the time
In my poor dark home
I was standing on the bank of the river. The engine sound of a distant going launch was entering into my ears as a peculiar melody. I never enjoyed such an emotion. Dark overwhelmed the locality. The river banks became inconspicuous. The light of the opposite bank began to twinkle. The reflections of the light in the river water were looked like the night dance of golden threads. Suddenly I got back my sense. So long I was absorbed in a charming dusk ceremony.
I turned back to return home. My vision was fixed in the east-sky. The moon of eleventh day of lunar fortnight began to smile. I didn't notice when it was became illuminated behind me. As it were it was talking silently with me, “What has been happened with the departure of the sun? I have appeared to reflect the light of the sun among you. One’s disappearance leads the arrival of other’s. It is the rule of the nature. The nature can not be stopped. So there's always a game of hide and seek in the nature. Have you ever realised the matter?”



I understood- at the end of a dark night the golden dawn comes; a son becomes the owner of the house after his father, a widow gets shelter by her offspring at last; the departure of the old leads the arrival of the young; a religious guide selects his representative before his decease; one’s starting begins with the end of other’s. For that reason the poet Tagore has sung "your starting has begun but my completion has ended.'' It is an infinite, eternal and ever existing cycle which runs forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment