Thursday, June 21, 2012

Full Moon

It was a spring appeared newly in the season-cycle. A gentle wind was blowing in the environment. I was walking in the street. It was near about 10 Pm. A pleasant comfort was felt in my body and mind. I was returning home. When my vision rose up in the sky I saw the full moon. She was dispersing her illuminated smiles. Looking her beauty I stood up on the foot-path. I was looking the moon with my winkless vision. The moon was complete round. How sweet the moonlight was! Silvery moon-beams're dispersing all throughout. It was a heavenly scenery. Before fourteen days she was just like a narrow sickle. Her digit's been developed day by day into full-moon. As it were the growth of a developing baby. Then she became complete full moon. She was on the summit of her development. How bright and charming her appearance was!. For that reason poets and writers cited so many examples with her beauty. She was really un-parallel.

Full Moon
I was on the footpath. Men're going to their jobs or destinations but I was looking the moon. Many thinkings're gathering in my mind. The moon reflects the light of the sun to the earth. She moves round the earth. Lunar calendar is maintained according to her rotation. She takes twenty nine days to complete her single rotation. Within this period she becomes full moon for once. It is her full youth. She converts the intensified sunlight into gentle, plesant and charming silvery beams of light. The earth becomes flooded with her sweet moonlight.

I remembered the tales of  Goutama Buddha. The name given by his parent was Siddhartha. That great-man selected the night of full moon specially for his meditation to conquer the birth, infirmity, disease and death. He became full of love in the night of full moon. He completed his important duties in full moon. He considered the time of full moon as the best time of doing important duties. The important events of his life were executed in the nights of full moon. As for examples- he was born in the full moon of the Bengali month "Baishakh". He acheived his tytle "Buddha'' and attained the complete emancipation of his soul in the full moon of the same month. In the full moon of the month of " Asharh" he   started to preach his new religion "Buddhism" and began religious discussions. In the full moon of the month "magh" he left his thinking regarding the enhancement of his life-period and decleared the date of his depart. All those remarkable days of Goutama Buddha are celebrated by the buddhists as their festivals.

Most of the mahomedan festivals're celebrated according to the lunar calendar. Among those "Shab-e-barat" that's the night for the fixation of human fates is celebrated in the full moon. Moslem devotees used to praise their worship in that holy night. I've heard many mountaineer tribes used to celebrate their religious festivals in full moon. In the night of full moon and in the fragrance of mohua flower they instigated themselves in an induction of love. Thinking those words I realised that the full moon was such a holy moment that the nature used to call us to enlighten ourselves with divine light of the Almighty. As it were the full moon silently tells us, “Be absorbed to the divine love, be fullblown like full moon with heavenly light, be enlightened yourself with divine light of the Almighty”.

Thinking those tales I didn't trace when I was absorbed in my thinking world. In that time my nephew kamal was passing through the footpath. He asked me, "Uncle, what're you doing standing on the footpath? I replied "I'm looking the full moon" He loughed and asked further "Are you looking the moon?" I replied, “Yes, I'm looking the moon. The full moon has induced me completely. I've become charmed looking her beauty. Please look for a while. How beautiful, how fulfilled and how fullblown she is!" He replied "Uncle you're a writer. That's why you're looking so. The night has far advanced. Please go to your home. Otherwise aunt'll think for you." When I returned home the full moon was just above my head.

I was in rest in my house after having my supper. The fullmoon came in the sky of my mind. My mind became flooded by her gentle silvery light beams. I thought that like the full moon if I'd be fulfilled by the divine love then my life'll be successful. Those who've become enlightened by the divine light, they've become fullblown. They enlighten the world. The Almighty eradicates all the evil doings from the world by them. They reflect the divine-light to the mankind for the salvation of their souls. Thinking all those I didn't notice when I fell into sleep. I dreamed-- a full moon was smiling in the blue sky. The entire nature was becoming flooded by her pleasant and pure silvery light beams. I felt that I was bathing in the stream of that light. A mystic sensation of love was dispersing all throughout my body and mind. Suddenly my wife broke my sleep and asked, "Why are you sleeping in the sofa. Night has advanced. Go to your bed." I replied, "Yes, I'm going.” Rubbing my eyes  I went to my bed but still then I was looking the dream-full-moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment