Thursday, June 21, 2012

Kite



I had a little family. One son, one daughter and we husband wife. My son Arif read in class five and my daughter Tithi was a student of intermediate level. The memory of a day was remembered in my mind. The season was winter. I was in rest after return from my office. At that time my son pressingly said to me, "Dad, you have to purchase a kite, thread and a reel for me. I'll fly kite." I replied, "Good boys don't fly kite. I'll purchase better things for you." My son was tenacious and urged further. He said, "Many boys in our locality used to fly kite. I'll also fly kite. You have to purchase those positively." My wife interfered and said to me."Yes, when the boy is so pressing, please purchase and give him kite. It's his hobby and we should have to fulfil that” Finding no other way I said,''How many taka’ll be required for that?'' My son replied, "Twenty taka'll be needed to purchase those things." I gave him the money. He purchased kite, thread and a reel and went to the opened roof to fly kite.

After sometime I said to my daughter, "Mom, please go to the roof and see what the boy is doing’’. She went to the roof, saw the boy, returned and said to me, "Dad, he's flying kite." I asked her, "Can he fly the kite?'' She replied, "Yes, he has flown the kite to a long height" I said "Let's go there to see how he has could that." We went to the roof and saw the boy flying the kite to a cousiderable height. I said to him, "Hi, when you learn to fly kite?" He replied, "I used to go to the field with Rafique Bhai. He helped me to learn that" Rafique was our neighbour. He read in class nine. Both of them were students of same school.

We saw many kites in the sky. They're of various colours. My daughter asked me, "Dad, how the kites can fly in the sky?" I answered, "Now it's the time of winter monsoon. The kites can fly depending on the winds of the monsoon." She said further, "Dad, see, how far the kites have arisen up!They’re looked very small.” I said to her, “  Though the kites have arisen at the level of so height yet we should remember that the thread of the kites're fastened in the reels on the ground. If the threads're rolled up the kites'll come down. Do you understand the matter?" She inclined her head but perhaps she didn't understand its depth.

I observed kite-flying for sometime and came down from the roof. I sat on a sofa in my room. Observing the kites in the sky some thinkings were gathered in the kingdom of my thinking-world. Their various coloured decorations're usually cought by our eyes but we used to ignore their connecting threads.

Each and every kite has its own connecting thread which apparently lies out of our sights but every kite is controlled by its connecting thread from reel. Just like kites we're also wandering on the breast of this earth. There're many different identities of us. We're always tring to expose ourselves in various ways and manners. But we used to forget our invisible connecting link with the Almighty like threads of kites. Our invisible connecting links’re within the hand of the Almighty. He controls us. The invisible reels're within his hand. The laws of creation are fixed by him. We're bound to obey these eternal laws. We've no power to go out of the jurisdiction of these laws. Like kites we're also connected with the invisible eternal laws of the Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment