Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bridge

A guest came to my house from Dhaka. He was a retired engineer. Both of we were diabetic patients. Morning walk was essential for us. I thought that if we could turn our morning walk into a special visit, it would be an extra enjoyable matter for us. Concealing the idea I went with him early in the morning.


There were very few spots of recreation in Khulna. Maximum of them were not enough to give much satisfaction specially for the man of Dhaka because Dhaka was full of such corners. So I decided to visit newly constructed "Rupsa Bridge" thinking that it would be able to give an impression to the mind of my guest. Not disclosing the matter to him I started walking. We walked for some time. Our bodies became sweated which was beneficial for our health. I hired a rickshaw. He asked me, "Where will you go?" I replied, ‘‘It may be anywhere. Don't be afraid. I’ll not take you to any bad place.’’ Approaching near he could understand that we were going to visit the Rupsa Bridge. He told, “Well, today’s morning walk will be memorable.”


We climbed up the bridge by staircase. We became charmed to see the beauty of surrounding green plants. We had no idea about the beauty of green vegetation from above. We enjoyed the beauty for a considerable time. I thought that how nicely the Almighty has created this beautiful earth! He is the greatest artist beyond all artists. My head became inclined to offer praise to him. None could complete to render praise to the Almighty in his life period. If the total water of the earth becomes ink and the total plants become pens yet mankind can't complete to render the legitimate praise to the Almighty.


We started walking to cross the bridge. The little villages, cottages, paddy fields, green vegetations of the other side of the river were looked like pictures. Morning induction was still then comfortable. Touch of cold wind was giving a sound comfort to our bodies and minds. We reached the middle of the bridge. Looking down my head moved round. I understood that it was normal feel when a man climbed up a long height. I felt my body less weighted. My engineer companion enlightened me the modern technology of the bridge.


We were standing on the bridge. Looking the beautiful scenery of the other side of the river I didn't notice when I was adsorbed in an induction. As it were I was looking in my inner eyes that a peasant wife was making ready her husband to send to the field. I felt an eternal love between them. Actually expansion of love is felt world wide. Love peeps behind the big palaces, simple cottages, tents of deserts and sheds of beggars. Everywhere there is love but its expression is different. Love comes to our lives as the beauty of spring. As the spring rotates in season cycle the love also comes to and goes from our lives. Unknowingly Love comes to our lives and disappears likely. If it is once lost it is very tough to restore. When I was completely absorbed in those thinkings suddenly my companion asked me "What are you thinking?" I answered, “What? Nothing"


We were standing on the bridge. The sun rose up. The two terminals of the bridge cought my vision. I saw the bridge which connected the both banks of the river and was connected with the link roads. A deep feel was created in the kingdom of my mind. I thought that like the bridge everyman was a living bridge. Our existence has come from an unknown world and one day we must have to go to an another unknown world after our deaths. We are the connecting bridges of those two unknown mysterious worlds.


I started walking with a thinking mind. We reached the other terminal of the bridge. I felt that like the bridge our lives were also living bridges which connected a prolonged, unknown and mysterious paths what we had crossed and another what we have to cross. As it were our lives are infinite adventures. We are the adventurers of these endless paths. We are always creating the living connecting bridges within these infinite eternal paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment