Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mother


It was the month of May 1973. I was a student of M.Sc. Final year in Rajshahi University. It was summer. There was tremendous heat in Rajshahi. The summer vacation was noticed. I decided to return home. In a selected day I was coming back with some of my friends by train. I didn't inform my parents and wished to give them surprise.

To come Khulna from Rajshahi we'd have to change train at Abdulpur. All of my friends're gossiping. I was watching surrounding sceneries. I was looking villages passing by one after another. Verdant plains, extended paddy fields and the green vegetations of Bangladesh were catching my vision. I was looking out side winklessly. Sky touched the horizon. Peasants're working in the field. Village wives're taking water with Jars in their waists. They’re looking with startled eyes. What an illusive attraction touched my heart! I felt that the love of heart was so extended that it couldn't be fastened with border. Our heart was always eager to give and take love. I was losing myself in those thinkings frequently in the gaps of our gossipings. Suddenly the train whistled. We reached Abdulpur. We left the train. We'd have to change the train. Abdulpur was a junction of Rajshahi and Rongpur going trains. The Khulna going train which'd come from Parbotipur of Rangpur. We'd have to get in that train. We’re waiting for the train. We got a news that there're some disturbences in the train line. So the train'd be late. There was no alternative without waiting. It was the common picture of Bangladesh Railway. We spent the time through reading newspaper, magazines and gossiping with friends. Evening came at the end of the day but the train didn't come. Just after eight hours of late the train reached the station ultimately. When we got in the train the dark overwhelmed the outsides. We could see only the twinkles of fire-flies. At last drowsiness came to my eyes. I saw in drowsiness that I reached my home. My mother was waiting for me at the gate. The drowsiness was interrupted repeatedly by the whistles of the train. With hide and seek game of drowsiness and consciousness I reached at last at Khulna station at 1 am. It was much difficult to manage rickshaw in that time. When I reached my home it was 1.45 am. My mother was standing at the open door. I entered into the room and asked her, “Mom, why have you been standing at the door?” She replied, "Only for your arrival." I said to her, “I didn't send any message" She replied, “I had no sleep in my eyes. Suddenly I heared the whistle of the train. My mind said that you'd come" I became astonished. I changed my dress and made myself fresh and was seated for supper. My mother took much care of me. I remembered my past. I'd not be satisfied at any meal without my mother’s presence. But now I have to take my meal otherwise in any where. My mother said to me "It's now late night. Go to your bed. I'll talk with you later."

I went to my room. Many thinkings fastened my mind. A question was arisen in my mind that how my mother became sure about my arrival hearing the whistle of the train. My conscience replied, “An offspring is the umbilical asset of its mother. She bears it for ten months in her womb. Then she brings forth her baby with endurance of an unbearable pain. Offspring is a part of her body. For that reason there's an invisible communication between mother and her child. If the offspring lives distantly still then its mother receives impulse of her child. There always lies an invisible connection between a mother and her child. It an unknown telepathy.”

A mother brings up her child after its birth. She feeds her breasts to her child and looks after. She gives her child primary education. Is there anybody like mother? There is no love parallel to the love of a mother. Almost all over the word mother is called by symetrical phonetic sounds “m,’’ those’re mother, mom, ma etc. It is an astonishing similarity. It is an evedence of the solidarity of mankind. All of we have come from mother’s womb. None can repay the restitution of his mother. None can express completely the adoration of his mother. When I was thinking all these I didn't know when I had fallen into sleep. I saw my mother in dream. She was calling me and telling "Who're they? Why they've come to take me? Tell them to go out” I replied, "Where? I don't see anybody." Suddenly my sleep became spoiled. I felt rapid heart beat for a considerable time. I felt an unexpressed pain. I didn't disclose the matter to anybody.

After many days later really I lost my mother. She died. It'd be the cruel fact for all. Nevertheless I couldn't get consolation. My inconsolable mind repeatedly used to cry with an inarticulate sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment