Sunday, September 30, 2012

Replica


The calling bell rang just I had sat on the sofa with newspaper after my breakfast. I felt annoyed somehow. Who have come early in the morning? Would it be any bad news?

I anxiously opened the door. I saw my brother-in-law standing with a packet of sweets. Hot good wishes were exchanged. I asked him, "What's the news?" He replied with a loud laugh "Twin babies have born" I said "Congratulations. It is very tough to bring forth a single child, where you have become the father of twin babies. You are really a very lucky person. Yes, are they male or female?" He answered, "One male and one female." I said, "If they are in same sex it would be more funny. They would be identical twins and then it would be very much difficult to differentiate them.'' An enjoyable atmosphere blew over our house and all of we took sweets.

After the departure of my brother-in-law my wife said, "We have to go to the clinic to see the babies.” I said "When will you go?" She replied, "We'll go at 4 o'clock after my house hold works. Perhaps now the babies and their mother are in rest. You’ll come back from your office early and you should've to buy some dresses for the babies. We won't go with empty hands." I said, "Yes, ok. Madam.”

My wife became late. It was a common picture of Bangladesh. We reached the clinic at 5 o'clock. The clinic was crowded over by the visitors of the twin babies. We met the babies and their mother and offered our greetings. My wife engazed herself talking. Generally ladies are more talkative. I said to her, “I'm waiting in the corridor. You'll come after your talk.” Ladies talk usually can't be ended easily. Well, I got a chance to look the surrounding sceneries and to think deeply.

The pictures of identical twins of Genetics began to float in the screen of my mind. It is very difficult for an unknown person to differentiate the identical twins. Though the identical twins are almost identical yet there must be some differences. I remembered the destruction of twin towers of America. There were two identical sky-scraper buildings in the city of Newyork in America. They were called Twin Towers. They were destroyed by the terrorists. How painful it was! My wife came and said, "Let's go to home" My thinkings were interrupted, we returned home.

I couldn't erase those thinkings from my mind even after coming back to home. I thought that how many twin babies ever born in the world, there must be some differences betwen them. There was no person born in the world who was fully identical with another. It is an amazing and eternal law of nature.

I remembered the epoch-making invention of cloning. Many of us have no idea about cloning. To know the fact of cloning we have to know the basic findings of Cytology and Embryology. It's the common law of nature that the fertilization of ovum with sperm is essential to bring forth a child. It is called sexual reproduction. But there's an exceptional system in the nature that reproduction can be exicuted without fertilization. In the subject of Botany it is termed as vegetative reproduction. Here a diploid body cell of a mother plant can be developed into offspring without fertilization. But in animal kingdom it's not happened naturally. The phenomenon has been made successful by the scientists artificially. Here a diploid body cell of either male or female parent can be embryologically developed in the uterous of the mother. There is no need of sexual union that's the fertilization. This artificial system is termed as cloning. The most important matter in this context is the offspring which is brougt forth is always an identical replica of the mother parent from whom the initial diploid cell has been taken. I remembered the name of "Dolly" a lamb who was the first offspring of cloning. It was a replica of its mother sheep. The offsprings of sexual reproduction show variety of characters in comparison with their parents but a clone baby will be always a replica of its mother who donates the initial body cell for cloning.

The scientists are much interested to materialize cloning in human race. Still now it hasn't been succeded. Many people are giving inspirations to the scientists in this regard but the opposition against cloning is also running with a remarkable vociferation. If cloning becomes successful in human race more than one person of identical appearances would be bring forth. If so, then what'll be the reaction between the identical offsprings? If more than one Imran Khan or Maradona are brought forth then what would be the situation? Recently thinkings regarding cloning are gathering in the mind of consious people. But the question is that, will this situation at all come?

I made loose the bridle of my flying horse in the sky of my kingdom of thinking. I thought deeply. I got a solution. Our creator is one and unparallel. The great evedence of that everyman is different from each other. That's everyman is one and unparallel like his creator. As the existence of a man has come from the existence of his creator, this character has also come from him. Man is the representative of his creator. If the days come when cloning is within the grip of scientist, that's men of same physical appearances are found, still then these men'll must be different from each other respective of their souls. None'll see a man who is completely identical with other.

No comments:

Post a Comment